Mar 25, 2014 - The PBN PM520 ONU series provides a complete customer premises solution for passive splitted Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) networks. The PM520 features a full set of applications such as home gateway with firewall, Wi-Fi access point with up to 4 SSIDs as well as VoIP and full-spectrum CATV overlay. Based on IEEE GEPON technology, the entire service package is delivered through a single fiber (dual-fiber option available).
A compact and attractive design was applied to the PM520 allowing for easy installation and operation in ONU stand-alone fashion or in a wall/desktop installation. Each PM520 is delivered with a fiber- management tray which prevents the end-user to obtain any access to the sensitive fiber connection.
The full-spectrum CATV module incorporates an Automatic Gain Control (AGC) circuit to maintain a constant RF output level over an
input optical power range of -8 dBm to +2 dBm.
Fully integrated into PBN's NMS3 Network Management and Provisioning solution and with support for TR069, this device can be deployed rapidly in the field without difficult back-office integrations.
- Service access over IEEE802.3ah compliant PON, shared with up to 64 customers with CATV overlay
- Four auto-negotiating Gigabit Ethernet subscriber ports for 10/100/1000 Mbps, half-duplex/full-duplex, auto-crossover operation (MDI/MDIX)
- Management through DOCSIS-like DHCP/TFTP flow, TR069, an embedded web-server and plain XML configuration file
- Enhanced security with 128-bit AES
- Supports up to 4 SSIDs to support hospitality or hotspot applications
- Integrated system management by PBN NMSE for broadband data service and CATV operations
- Ideal for in-home installation, either on a desktop or wall-mounted. Includes fiber organizer for stand-alone installation with cover, or snap-on to PM520 unit
- High-performance optical CATV receiver delivering full-spectrum television from 45 to 1000MHz
CATV module incorporates an Automatic Gain Control (AGC) circuit to maintain a level effective output voltage over -8 to +2 dBm optical input power and can be turned on/off via management software
- IPv6 supported
- SIP VoIP functionality with two physical POTS ports • 2x2 802.11b/g/n WiFi capability
Typical Application Diagram
PBN's FTTx product solutions allows to deploy a fully managed P2P network including CATV overlay within less than a week. Ask PBN for more information about our P2P and P2MP solutions!