August 22, 2014 - PBN is annoucing the new gigabit EPON access switch series, the AOCM3600, featuring true point-to-multipoint "Triple Play" over IEEE802.3ah compliant PON.
High Density L3 Gigabit EPON OLT
PBN’s AOCM3600 GEPON OLT enhances the compact OLT 1RU series by including sophisticated integrated Layer-3 functionality without the need for additional Layer-3 aggregation switches. Designed with growing customer requirements in mind, this sophisticated device serves up to 1024 GEPON subscribers while connecting to the uplink with a standard 2x10GigE interface. In addition to the 2x10GigE, the AOCM3600 series comes standard equipped with 4x Gbps SFP ports and 4x 10/100/1000 Mbit TX/Gigabit SFP combo ports, offering ample room for expansion for additional services like VOIP and IPTV.
When used in combination with PBN's AIMA3000 platform, the AOCM3600 can provide subscribers with a full spectrum CATV overlay. PBN’s PM500-series ONUs allow cost-efficient connectivity for high-value customers served under SLA and standard residential subscribers.
Compact and cost-effective
The compact AOCM3600-series OLTs are specially designed for use in small installations, distributed network designs, or green-field deployments where cost-efficiency is key. Based on actual growth of the P2MP FTTx subscriber, the number of AOCM3600 OLTs can be increased without large initial investments.
- Available with 8, 12 or 16 Passive Optical Network (GEPON) ports in 1RU 19" rack-mount chassis
- Standard configuration; 2x10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ based uplink ports, 4x Gbps SFP ports, and 10/100/1000 Mbit TX/Gigabit SFP combo ports
- Integrated Layer-3 Aggregation Switch
- True “Triple Play” service provisioning over IEEE802.3ah compliant PON, supporting up to 16 x 64 subscribers
- Supports SLA and DBA for carrier-class, multi-service applications like data, voice, and video
- Redundant swappable AC and DC power supply options available
- Allows for traffic classification, aggregation, and shaping for strict QoS enforcement
- Remotely upgradable firmware for new features and functionality improvement
- Sophisticated EPON System Manager for remote control, configuration, diagnostics, and provisioning via SNMP